Holy moly, who else ate entirely too much for Thanksgiving? Peach is feeling seriously fluffy right about now and not in a good way. Pass the yoga pants and sweatshirts, please.
So, in order to fix this mess, it’s time to get my booty moving and fix my food
hoovering intake. The plan you’re about to read may sound daunting but I promise you, it’s not rocket science or quantum physics. You will however, need some willpower. Especially now that the Christmas candy and cookies are being stocked. The bastards.
Here’s how to do it.
Step One – Adjust Your Eating.
- Watch your portions. You can count calories if you want to use an app like MyFitnessPal, but you don’t have to. Just use your noggin’ and eat smaller amounts. Everything in moderation.
- Stop eating before you feel full. Trust me, you don’t need to eat until you are a burping, hiccuping nightmare. Spare yourself the heartburn and upset tummy.
- Avoid the big no-nos – sodas (even diet!), white breads/pastas, highly processed junk. This one’s hard. I know. But these are the biggest culprits in our my-skinny-jeans-don’t-fit meltdowns.
- Eat ONLY the following: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and 1 small snack.
- No booze… if you can help it. At the minimum, cut back to 1 drink per occasion only.
- Stop eating at least 2 hours before bedtime.
- Take your vitamins.
Step Two – Move Your Ass.
- Doesn’t matter how. Walk. Jog. Run. Jumping-jack during Hallmark movie commercials. Chase your kids. Chase your dog. But do something “more” every day.
- If you stick with moving more every day for at least a week, give yourself a rest day. Those new muscles you’re building need it. But don’t forget to keep eating well and start moving again the day after!
- What do I use? A combination of hot yoga and running. I’m loving the Nike+ app’s Coach programs. I started a 10K program right after the wedding and have stuck to it pretty well. It factors in rest days for me and tells me how much to run each day. Alternating the running with yoga, I can tell a big difference in how I feel.
Step Three – Hydrate. Hydrate. Hydrate.
- There are all kinds of online calculators to search your body weight vs how much water a day you require. Do your research, but you should shoot for at least 8 to 10 cups a day. For me, I shoot for at least 10-12 cups a day and more than that if I am doing hot yoga. Yes, it seems like a lot. But you’ll be amazed how much it helps to cleanse your system and kick-start your detox.
- How do I do it? Start early in the day. Have your bottle/glass of water next to your coffee and chug it like a champion frat boy every so often.
- It’s boring for you? It is for me, too. A good way to spice up plain old Brita’ed water, is to mix in a can of LaCroix or add just a teeny splash of fruit juice to give it some flavor. I’ve seen plenty of fancy infusion pitchers but I’m too frugal to buy them.
- You’ll pee a lot. Yes, I know. It’s weird at first. But you’ve got to flush out all the bad stuff and make room for the good.
- Here’s a cute Buzzfeed tutorial : 13 ways to drink more water.
And that, my friends, is that. Follow these three no-brainer tips and you’ll feel much better in no time!
Or at least until the next holiday. 😉
Till next time,