When life gets to be too much…

I write.

Welcome to my brain, where what is thought is spilled onto screen by way of flailing fingers with little regard to consequence. Okay, well… some regard. This is the internet, after all. Where selfies go to die.

Since I last put fingertips to keyboard, I have booked a wedding venue, gone and returned from London, traveled for work, hosted my family and fiance for Thanksgiving (sans cooking), booked wedding dress shopping appointments and begun the hunt for a wedding photographer. Also add in there the awesomeness of planning a bachelorette weekend for the Netstr and wondering how the hell I can help the fiance get moved down here in January/February. And that doesn’t even make mention of worky-work-related items that shall not be mentioned on this here bloggy-blog.  Or the fact that the fiance and I started to dip our toes into house-hunting.

Anyone else’s heart palpitating, too?

Irish Proverb

OR?

Thank god for Xanax. Not really. But kinda.

Most times I hate repeating myself, but my mantra these days has become, “this is GOOD stress”. And it is. There will never be another time in my life where so much happy leads to so much self-inflicted, panic-inducing, wine-medicating, choose-your-hyphenated-clause sequence of events.

When recently discussing with my mom the potential insanity of buying a house while trying to plan a wedding AND be in a wedding, I said, “Yes, it will be ridiculous. And stressful. And expensive. There will be tears. But I know this is also going to be the best year of my life. One I’ll never get to do over. So why the fuck not?”

Because numbers can be crunched. Pennies can be saved. It surely will not be easy, not by any stretch.  But during that talk with Mom, there came a moment when I decided that if 2013 was my year of Go Mighty with the world traveling and trying new things and getting healthy and happy, then 2014 is going to be the year of GO GET IT.

My blessings are many. It’s time to go get the dreams. Owl you need is love

And as long as my honey keeps sending me adorable reminders like this, I know it’s all going to be okay. (Both of us agree – I’m the grumpy owl.)

What about y’all? What have been the craziest, most insane times of your lives? How did you get through it???

Tags: , , , , ,

When life gets to be too much…

1. Wait until the first year with an infant… Now there’s crazy. You’ll do great. And it’ll be a cute little bugger. I loved planning my wedding. Cherish it, pally/

Carrie December 4, 2013 at 1:54 am #
    • Oh heavens… that will be NUTSO. :) I’m cherishing it, even when it’s making me batty. Ha! Thanks for reading, sweet friend!

50Peach December 4, 2013 at 8:21 am #
  2. Girl, GO GET IT!

The 18 months I spent wedding planning were crazy, no doubt. But I have a feeling this upcoming year of starting a new business and changing careers will be even crazier. I keep repeating “whatever doesn’t kill you makes you stronger”. :-)
    As far as the wedding planning goes, it was a total labor of love and every minute spent on it, and every penny pinched was worth it, 100 times over!
    And as you said, it will never be repeated. So buckle up and enjoy the ride!

Renee December 4, 2013 at 1:57 am #
    • 18 months? WOW! And a new business + career? Hats off to you, Renee! (Or a hearty cheers with a hefty glass of wine.) Thanks for the feedback and hugs to you. xo

50Peach December 4, 2013 at 8:23 am #
  3. Craziest time? Definitely this past year. Looking for a house, buying a house, moving into a house and getting settled in a new place was one of the most insane things I have ever, ever done. It was frustrating, expensive and sometimes even a little sad, but I also wouldn’t trade it. I say go for it. You won’t regret it for a second.

Sam Merel December 4, 2013 at 5:51 pm #
    • Haha soooo… probably not smart to add buying a house into my current crazy, huh? :P

50Peach December 5, 2013 at 10:07 am #
  4. sometimes i think i’m going through it now–just not having enough time for anything!

elle sees December 12, 2013 at 8:28 am #
    • lots and lots of coffee, right? And when that fails…. WINE. ;)

50Peach December 12, 2013 at 8:38 am #
  5. I dealt with wedding planning insanity by tearing my house down. It gave me something else to focus on. :) Meanwhile, would it pep you up to know I nominated you for a Major Award? http://www.splatospheric.com/another-major-award/. So glad YW got me acquainted with your blog, and I’m thrilled for all the positive stuff that’s come your way in the past year.

MizYank December 13, 2013 at 9:15 am #
    • OMG, a house demo? Way to take it to the extreme! Ha!!

Glad we met through YW, too! Thank you again! xox

50Peach December 13, 2013 at 9:25 am #
  6. The only thing worse than buying a house is buying a house while selling another and needing that one to sell so you can buy the new one. (At the risk of sounding really depressing, then my mother died in the middle of all that…).

I never want to buy another house ever again. I did it twice. That was enough.

But hey, I’m sure it will be awesome for you! (hahaha!!) Seriously, go get those dreams. You are going to have such an amazing year!

Michelle Longo January 25, 2014 at 8:18 am #