She works hard for the money.

50Peach.com

You’re welcome for the earworm.

My life at the moment is not lending well to blogging. I know there are some of you out there have kiddos, or are badass lawyers, or juggling all of that and more. And I’m certainly not complaining. My life is so great right now.

It’s just that my job has grown in responsibility as well as intensity of the work. I’m used to the ebb and flow of my field, but this particular flow is a flood that leaves little time for blogging, writing, wedding planning, or working out. For instance, on Saturday I did the following: ran a 5K, had work conference calls in my car while attending a festival, went to the festival once the crisis was resolved, went shopping for my MOH dress for Nette’s wedding with NotMary, hung out with friends for a few hours, then worked from 11:30pm until 6:30am on Sunday. I slept Sunday from 7am until 10am and was, as expected, worthless all day Sunday for football and socializing. Then I put in 2 more hours of overtime Monday after work.

Now I’m staring down another four consecutive weeks of overnight weekend work. Before you shake your fists at me, understand that this is part of my job. It’s not always this bad and when I started seven years ago I knew this kind of expectation was in the cards.

So for now, all I can do is hang on for dear life and ride this wave of insanity.  And I know that the minute I do get even slightly more leveled out, I’ll be jetting off to London with Nette (YAY!) and then traveling for work again after that. And then it’s Thanksgiving, holy crap.

Wedding update for inquiring minds: I still need a wedding venue and date. My list of explored venues is easily up into the 25-30 count. But I’m narrowing down, comparing, visiting where it makes sense and haggling my ass off. I don’t want to settle, but I also refuse to pay close to my entire budget for just the damn venue, ceremony, food and bev. I’m also cutting down my guest list by a lot to save on costs. To that effect, I’m SO grateful for a family who is encouraging me to invite who I WANT. Not who I feel like I HAVE TO invite. Since my dad is the youngest of ELEVEN (which makes me the youngest of the kids of the eleven kids) this is a huge relief. Because holy shit, that’s a lot of aunts, uncles and cousins.

I am just so impatient to get a venue booked with a date, so that I can focus on the fun wedding things, like falling in love with this adorable cake topper.

Love Birds

Hope to be back again soon.  Wish me luck.

Tags: ,

She works hard for the money.

1. Holy crap and I thought I had a lot on my plate. What’s amazing is you don’t even sound like you are complaining considering all that work to do gives you the right to complain. I wish you all the luck with the work and planning.

Tua October 15, 2013 at 12:16 pm #
    • Aw, thank you Tua. I really do my best to keep perspective of the big picture. But don’t be fooled – there are days that I am not so gracious about it. 😛

50Peach October 15, 2013 at 1:30 pm #
  2. Understand the lack of mugshots now. But really, the mug is missed. Fhrow in a selfie now and then- just to say hi. You rock. And now I’m curious as to what your “field” is……

Carrie October 15, 2013 at 12:36 pm #
    • I promise, cross my heart, to post some selfies soon! YOU rock, girlie. 😉 and if you’re super curious, email me!

50Peach October 15, 2013 at 1:29 pm #
  3. Luck! Also, I wish I had seen that cake topper when I got married… 😉

Natalie DeYoung October 15, 2013 at 12:53 pm #
    • Isn’t it ADORABLE??

50Peach October 15, 2013 at 1:28 pm #
  4. I’m with you on the invite who you want, rather than who you think you should. The best part of my wedding was walking down the aisle and realizing that I knew every person there. Not just recognized everyone, but actually knew everyone. Made it so much more special. Good luck with finding a venue…it’s really the hardest part. Once you decide, it’s smooth sailing. I hope your work travels bring you back up to NJ/NY. I think another dinner is in order, stat.

Sam Merel October 15, 2013 at 5:09 pm #
    • Sam, you always get it. That’s exactly it. I want the people that mean the most to me to be there. Thanks for the kind words and wishes! xo

50Peach October 16, 2013 at 8:31 am #
  5. Peach!!! You’re engaged! Congratulations!
    I have had the most unconducive life to blogging for the past 8 months (I have no idea how anyone does it!!! I’m not even a quarter as busy as you! Or anyone with children out there! I can hardly keep myself together!). But I wanted to say hello and see if you were doing NaBloPoMo again this year! It was great meeting you last time around, and so I will just pass on my congratulations and keep checking in from time to time! You’re an inspiration!

katiclops November 2, 2013 at 5:50 pm #
  6. Good luck! Fun times ahead for you. You’ll get the venue down soon :) I wasn’t blogging so decided to do something drastic and signed up for NaBloPoMo. Yeah, insane. I’ll be here when you get back.

Stacie November 3, 2013 at 4:20 pm #