My friend Lizzy at Lizzy Pancakes introduced me to another Atlanta blogger via Instagram recently. (Don’t you love social media intros? I do!!) Her name is Meghan over at Pocketful of Pretty and one day when I’m pregnant/a new mom, I can only hope I’ll be as gorgeous as she! (and good grief her baby boy is adorable.)
One of Meghan’s posts this year was called Currently… and since I’ve been stressing all week that IneedtoblogIneedtoblogIneedtoblog but have been stumped for ideas, I hope she doesn’t mind that I borrowed the format. Hope you enjoy!
currently, I am:
- loving: EVERYBODY and EVERYTHING. All of the feelings, lately!! But most apparent is the closeness that becoming engaged is bringing between me and my best girlfriends and my family. I wasn’t expecting this whole new level of feelings and emotions and bonding, but I am grateful. It may sound silly, but the realization that these people who have been through the muck and the trials and the shitty parts of life with me will also be there to stand beside me on the happiest day of my life? It’s incredible.
- reading: Eeesh. These days the only things I’m able to read are other blogs that I follow, wedding blogs, work spreadsheets, work emails, friend emails and Twitter/Facebook/Instagram. I haven’t picked up a real book in weeks and I’m feeling the withdrawal! When I don’t read, I feel SO OFF.
- watching: Hi. My name is Peach and I watch food-based reality shows. Gordon Ramsay’s Master Chef, Bravo’s Top Chef and Top Chef Masters, and The Next Food Network Star are regulars on my DVR. Other shows I follow are Dexter, True Blood, House of Lies, Parenthood, Grey’s Anatomy, So You Think You Can Dance (I KNOW SHADDUP.), and the new addition: Say Yes To The Dress. Please god, don’t let me be at the level of diva I’m seeing on this show when it comes time to shop.
- anticipating: My trip to New Jersey in less than two weeks!!! I’m so fortunate that my job was willing to fly me up, that I may not only work onsite there for a big project I’m leading but also be able to celebrate my fiance DR’s birthday with him. The cherry on top is that our NJ friends are helping us arrange a “toast” for our engagement. Nothing crazy, no gifts, just a small gathering for all of the NYC/NJ crew to be able to hug us, see the ring!!!! and wish us well. Living in two different states and getting engaged is tough, but we’re making it work!
- listening to: One thing I adore about working from home is the ability to
blastlisten to music throughout the day. I’m an Rdio subscriber and will shout from the rooftops how great it is. Unlimited streaming of anything/everything allows me to enjoy music from my classical favorites to Miley’s trainwreckWrecking Ball. I run to the wacky playlists I’m able to create. Usually during the day I choose their iTunes top 500 playlist and just have it on in the background throughout the day. Some notable new discoveries lately are: Jason Isbell, Lorde, Passenger, and holy hell…the new John Legend. I dare you not to cry.
- planning: Um. I think you all know what I’m planning. The good news and overall updates are that we’re very close to narrowing down a date in the Fall of 2014 and I’m touring a venue next weekend that I’m really, really excited about. Even better, my parents were planning to visit that weekend for my nephew’s 10th birthday and now they’re even more ecstatic to be able to check this place out with me. Everyone has told me that the biggest wedding pieces are: When, Where and Budget. I’ll be sooooo happy to nail down the biggies ASAP! Hopefully the rest will be gravy. 😀
- working on: Being kind to myself. Like my last post said, I’m going to make mistakes. I’m going to hurt people. And I have. But I am thankful for my support system and most of all, my love DR. Truly, guys. I won the lottery with him. I didn’t think it was possible to love him more, but he keeps proving me wrong. Blessings, they are many.