For this edition of Clean Eats, I borrowed (with love) a fitness survey from a fellow newbie Southern Blog Society member Love & Loyally. Feel free to blog it forward and share the love!
1. What did you eat for breakfast? two sausage and egg mini-quiches and one 3″ Paleo pancake with a cup of java.
2. How much water do you drink a day? At least 2 liters, more if I can!
3. What is your current favorite workout? Y’all know I love CrossFit. My new gym is awesome and the programming is HARD. But I already see major improvements!
4. How many calories do you eat a day? I stopped counting, because it was driving me batshit crazy. If I had to guess, I average between 1200-1600 a day?
5. What are your favorite healthy snacks? Apples or bananas with almond butter.
6. What do you usually eat for lunch? Usually leftovers. Or I’ll throw together a quick bowl of steamed veggies with a turkey burger or chicken sausage.
7. What is your favorite body part to strength train? Abs. My core is by FAR my weakest spot on my body. Every time I train them, I feel like I’m DOING something about it.
8. What is your least favorite body part to strength train? See #7. Haha! But actually, it’s not training them I hate. It’s the fact that I cannot laugh, sneeze, cough, roll over or sit up for days afterward. 😛
9. What are your “bad” food cravings? Sweets. Froyo. Chocolate. And sometimes I just want a damn Oreo. Or twelve.
10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? When I remember to, I take Barleans’ Total Omega Vegan Swirl. Omegas are great for joint health and recovery from hard workouts. This tasty liquid form is way easier for me to digest than enormous fishy pills. Ick.
11. How often do you eat out? Maybe once or twice a week. I’ll stick with burgers (minus cheese + bun) or grilled chicken over veggies/salad. It’s tough to stay clean ALL the time, but I try!
12. Do you eat fast food? Not in the proverbial sense. I’ll have Chipotle/Moe’s, where I can have a protein and ton of veggies, but that’s about it.
13. Who is your biggest supporter? My love and my CrossFit girls!
14. Do you have a gym membership? CrossFit, yes.
15. How many hours of sleep do you get a night? 6-8 hours
16. Do you have a “cheat” day? No. I believe that life should be lived and that your food lifestyle should not be one of deprivation. That said, I’m careful with what I choose to cheat with. A glass of wine, a small portion of froyo, or a chunk of super-dark chocolate and I’m okay. It’s hardest for me when I travel and I’m out of my routine. But I’m getting better!
17. Do you drink alcohol? Love me some red wine and the occasional beer. But I don’t drink on the regular.
18. Do you have a workout buddy? One of the best things about CrossFit – it’s a whole community. We all kick each other’s butts and cheer each other on. It rocks.
19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle? My happiness and overall confidence in myself. I’m proud of who I’ve become and treat every day as a step towards being the best version of myself.
20. What was the last healthy thing you did? Got up this morning at 6:30am and ran 2.9 miles before sunrise!