On flashing the internet your truth-boobs

Hello and welcome to Peach’s new home!

If you’re reading this blog post , that means that my techie switch-flip skills worked and I didn’t break anything in the process.  *Whew.*  But aside from the sexy new design, I’m sure you’ve noticed something else.

Um.

That’s my face up there.

And for good measure, it’s here too.

Why the change? I made up my mind after I stood up in front of 200 people at Camp Mighty and asked The Bloggess for advice. I told her I blog anonymously and wanted to stop letting fear of judgment control my actions. While my knees were knocking and I tried to keep my voice from wobbling, I said that I wanted to know how she handles the fear of baring your soul/face/body/mind to the internet. How she deals with the sometimes vitriolic criticism and all that comes from flashing the internet your truth-boobs. Jenny’s response was the moment that sealed it for me.

DSCN3415

She’s right. The criticisms, judgment, haters, and naysayers are inevitable… but only if you dare to put yourself out there. She also said, “BE STUPID. I’m a big fan of stupid.”  Did I mention I love her?

Since then, I’ve been covertly planning and scheming with Erica to design a new, customized home for Peach. After months of work (mucho credit and sloppy kisses to Erica!!) here I am on my new hotness website, flashing you guys my real face. It feels amazing to have finally summoned enough stupidity-bravery to show the world who I am, because I believe that my words are worth owning.

The stupidity-bravery has not yet extended to using my real name and honestly, I’m not quite certain I will ever get there. Before you doth protest – baby steps, people. Because even this first leap of showing my freckled, one-dimpled face has me scared shitlessBut it’s a start.

A few housekeeping items:

• Sadly, my previous subscribers did not catch the flight over here with rest of my luggage. I HATE LOST LUGGAGE. :(  If you subscribed via RSS or email to fiftyshadesofpeach.com, you’ll need to update your feeds with my new home – 50peach.com.   Links are available on the sidebar and within each post. Please and thank you! :)
  • Happily, my Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and email are the same. Yay!
  • Thanks for bearing with me with the lack of posting while I transitioned over here. I have some fun entries coming up and I hope you love my new home as much as I do!

And in the very least, I’m sure you will all celebrate with me the fiery death of my headless pictures! Just be warned, my silly bangs look god-awful right when I wake up. You’ll laugh with me, right? That’s right, nod and smile. Humor me, people.

Hi, Y’all.

Tags: , , , ,

On flashing the internet your truth-boobs

1. Wow, look at you! I love your header, I love your voice. Love the pic, the real name can wait.

And here is to being all tech-y and getting your shiz switched over without a technical hitch. I am very proud of you.

Erica M April 6, 2013 at 6:50 pm #
    • Thanks, Erica. I couldn’t have done any of it without your help!!! Mucho love and hugs.

50Peach April 6, 2013 at 7:02 pm #
    • You are magical, Erica! But then, I already knew that.

Kirsten Oliphant April 9, 2013 at 10:17 am #
  2. I’m so happy to see your beautiful face! I love knowing who to picture when I’m reading a blog or tweeting and what not. Good for you for getting out there and taking the steps. You rock, lady!! Blog looks great!

Michelle Longo April 7, 2013 at 7:53 am #
    • Aw, thank you Michelle! It feels amazing and way less terrifying than I thought it would be. But just wait until you see my not-so-pretty faces and fraggle-bangs. :)

50Peach April 8, 2013 at 8:58 am #
  3. I love it, Peach! Love the pictures – you are gorgeous! – and the design. You did still show up in my reader so maybe you didn’t lose all of us 😉

Stacie April 7, 2013 at 8:07 am #
    • Oooh, that’s good news, Stacie! Here’s hoping. Thanks for the love and support, as always. You’re amazing. xo

50Peach April 8, 2013 at 8:58 am #
  4. I knew you would be beautiful! I love the new site, the new look, it’s fabulous. Congrats for being brave :) I know exactly what you are talking about, because I am in the same boat. I not only have not given my name, but I don’t show my face, either. It’s not that I’m hiding something ugly, it just makes me feel so vulnerable. But you get that :) Maybe this will give me courage to follow suit on my site sometime.

Kianwi April 7, 2013 at 8:41 am #
    • Oh, Kianwi. I’d hug you right now if I could. You get it. I will say that taking the steps took 1. hearing it from people who went through/go through the same fears and 2. doing it in my own time. You’ll know when you’re ready. And you know I’ll be your biggest supporter when you do!

50Peach April 8, 2013 at 9:02 am #
  5. Beautiful. Both you and this post.

Jenny, bloggess April 7, 2013 at 1:45 pm #
    • Thank you for giving me the courage to be stupid. And p.s. – I’ll hide under a table with you anytime you need.

50Peach April 8, 2013 at 9:06 am #
  6. The blog looks fantastic. Yay, you!! :)

Anne Marie April 7, 2013 at 8:52 pm #
    • Thanks, Anne Marie!! One of the coolest things about this reveal has been the love from my Camp Mighty girls. Y’all know how big this is. xox

50Peach April 8, 2013 at 9:07 am #
  7. This looks so springtime! And your truth boobs are perky so far; I’m sure they’ll age well. Well done!

Kristin April 8, 2013 at 9:07 am #
    • HA! May they forever remain perky. Thanks so much, Kristin!

50Peach April 8, 2013 at 1:05 pm #
  8. Oh, heeeyyyyyyy grrrrrrrl.

Congratulations. :)

Bertie April 8, 2013 at 3:16 pm #
    • How YOU doin’?

Thanks, grrrl. 😉

50Peach April 8, 2013 at 4:17 pm #
  9. The new Peach is badass!! I love it and I love seeing your lovely face up there! Fantastic. Maybe one day, i’ll step out from behind the cone. :)

icescreammama April 8, 2013 at 6:59 pm #
    • Be naked with me! It’s fun! Wait… that sounds weird. :)

Glad you love it!

50Peach April 9, 2013 at 10:05 am #
  10. Congratulations on your new home, I’m loving the redesign. Love seeing your lovely face, amd can’t wait to read more from you!

Samantha Brinn Merel April 9, 2013 at 10:24 pm #
    • Hooray! I’m so overwhelmed by the kind words and support from everyone. Kinda makes me wonder why I didn’t do this sooner! :)

50Peach April 11, 2013 at 3:06 pm #
  11. I love it! As my relationships online have gotten deeper, I have become convinced of the importance of faces. They make a huge difference. So nice to see you!

Lately, I’ve been contemplating a similar move – face with no name. To be brave and stop wearing my shield. But my reasons for being anonymous are perhaps a little more complicated than most, so I’m still not sure. It helps to see someone else struggling with a similar idea.

Awesome.

Jane April 11, 2013 at 2:22 pm #
    • Jane, I appreciate your honesty and understand exactly what you mean. I had to reach a point with myself where I was 100% okay with all potential outcomes of revealing my face. Only then did I pull the trigger. You’ll know when it’s time. Until then, you’re still awesome. 😉

50Peach April 11, 2013 at 3:08 pm #
  1. Nekkid is a good thing | 50 Peach - May 11, 2013

[…] But back on track, Peach… along the lines of loving yourself as you are, I’ve gotten a lot of inquiries lately about how I’ve been handling the adjustment to showing my face on this here blog. […]

2. Show up. Be seen. | 50 Peach - February 26, 2014

[…] to Camp Mighty and channeled some of my badassery and started kicking my Life List in the face. And people like The Bloggess and Natalie Bowman and Dana LaRue and Daffodil encouraged me to be brav…, be stupid and to really show up on my blog… by putting my face on it. To prove that […]