Day 7: Putting it down in words makes it pretty damn real.

I rather enjoyed unleashing on this blog yesterday about my closed-mouth political policy, but I had even more fun with your comments!  (Glad you all appreciated my “butt-scratching in your general direction” line… Thank you, thank you, I’ll be here all night month.)

My current music obsession is Ellie Goulding’s entire Halcyon album, but in particular is the single “Anything Could Happen”. Funky video, but the lyrics and rockin’-out-awesome-to-drive-to beat are what do it for me.

Anything Could Happen is my theme some as we quickly (!!!) approach my trip to Camp Mighty. All of us attending had to create and submit our Life List, and let me tell you, it’s wonderful what sitting down and forcing yourself to confront what YOU want to accomplish in your lifetime can do for the soul. It doesn’t matter that my items range in importance/significance from “Volunteering at a shelter for domestic violence victims” or “Donate to charity at least once a year” to “Buy myself something pretty from Tiffany’s” or “Stand on the cliffs in Ireland”.  Putting it down in words makes it pretty damn real. I think our time at Camp Mighty will be spent focusing on five single items that we wish to accomplish in the next year. I have three locked down, but I’m struggling with the remaining two.

Before you ask:  Yes, I’m hoping to gather my courage enough to put my Life List up here for all to see. But… um…. I’m allowed to be a widdle bit scared about being so naked in front of y’all, right? Eeek.

In the meantime, I have some Thank You notes to write tonight. Yes, I’m of the opinion that a handwritten declaration of gratitude is much preferable to any text, email, Facebook note or tweet.

Old fashioned? Maybe. But I have this hanging in my home, because I believe with all my heart that it is true.

I just hope the recipients will forgive my penmanship that remarkably resembles that of a four year old boy’s.  I tried. 😀

Hope everyone has a good Hump Day.

Tags: , ,

Day 7: Putting it down in words makes it pretty damn real.

1. I totally agree with you on the handwritten note, they are so meaningful. I try to send out at least two notes a month, just cuz.

Jules McMurray November 7, 2012 at 2:36 pm #
  2. I totally agree with you on the handwritten note, they are so meaningful. I try to send out at least two notes a month, just cuz.

Jules McMurray November 7, 2012 at 2:36 pm #
  3. That sounds like a good idea to put down on paper the things you want to accomplish, and putting it out in front of us takes courage, depending on what you write down I suppose :)

Jimmy November 7, 2012 at 2:40 pm #
  4. That sounds like a good idea to put down on paper the things you want to accomplish, and putting it out in front of us takes courage, depending on what you write down I suppose :)

Jimmy November 7, 2012 at 2:40 pm #
  5. Love this. LOVE IT. Can’t wait to see your list, though I’ve enjoyed lurking around your Pinterest page. Also? NICE DOES MATTER. Always. Always. xo

Melisa @ just begin from here November 7, 2012 at 3:19 pm #
  6. I love that you have a life list and so agree – it does make it real and reach-able once it’s right there, written down! Way to go, you!

Galit Breen (@GalitBreen) November 7, 2012 at 4:18 pm #
  7. I love that you have a life list and so agree – it does make it real and reach-able once it’s right there, written down! Way to go, you!

Galit Breen (@GalitBreen) November 7, 2012 at 4:18 pm #
  8. Hand written thank you notes are the best kind!

Stacie @ Snaps and Bits November 7, 2012 at 6:09 pm #
  9. My friend kept her list on her blog in the sidebar and crossed them out as she tackle them. It was pretty neato to see it happen.

I like you.

shannon November 8, 2012 at 1:24 am #
  10. My friend kept her list on her blog in the sidebar and crossed them out as she tackle them. It was pretty neato to see it happen.

I like you.

shannon November 8, 2012 at 1:24 am #
  11. Long live the handwritten note! If not the handwriting. That s*&^ went to seed years ago.

MizYank November 9, 2012 at 4:22 pm #
  12. Long live the handwritten note! If not the handwriting. That s*&^ went to seed years ago.

MizYank November 9, 2012 at 4:22 pm #