Day 4 – My Mighty Party!

What’s new around here? Well, if you haven’t picked up on it from the awesomesauce badges over there on the right, I’m taking part in BlogHer’s 30 day blogfest called #NaBloPoMo for short.  If you are interested, go read HERE. You have until 11pm EST tomorrow November 5th to sign up!  To make it even cooler, my amazing people from YeahWrite have set up a grid for all of us that participate over there, too. That one is HERE. Strength in numbers, I tell ya!

But the biggest thing on my mind right now?  The day has arrived, y’all!  My big party is today!!!

As a refresher, I’m attending Camp Mighty in a few short weeks and I’m participating as part of a team to raise $5000.00 prior to the start of camp. The 4 teams together will raise over $20,000 for Charity: Water. How cool is that?  I wrote more about it here.

What’s already done? Yesterday I cleaned the “entertaining area”, grocery shopped, prepped a few food things in advance, made FOUR batches of pumpkin granola, packaged them in adorable mason jars, made signage for a Charity: Water display, and then fell into bed last night and slept like the dead. Immediately after posting this, I need to finish cleaning the rest of the house and get cracking on cooking the food! I’m making these yummy things:

• Peach’s infamous chili – If I told you the recipe I’d have to kill you.
  • Buffalo Chicken Dip – this yummy goodness took Pinterest by storm a year ago. The recipe I’m using is here.
  • Sausage Balls – Um. I live in the South. Everyone makes sausage balls here. *shrug* Recipe courtesy of my sister-in-law.
  • Pumpkin Pie Cake – recipe from Sisterhood of the Sensible Moms – Have never made this before and I can’t wait to see how it turns out!
  • Homemade Pumpkin Granola is being offered in exchange for voluntary donations. The recipe I based it on can be found at PaleOMG here. It’s entirely gluten-free, dairy-free, peanut-free and Paleo-approved. I do add way more nuts/seeds to the wet mix, because I find that too much “goop” results in mushy granola. I like my granola to be crunch-o-rama. It is So. So. So. GOOD.

The crack, in mush form.

What? I’m totally not snitching.

When in doubt, mason jar everything.

Off I go, wish me luck!!!

Tags:

Day 4 – My Mighty Party!

1. Oh my goodness. Hope the cake does not disappoint and that your party rocks! Ellen

Sisterhood of Moms (@SensibleMoms) November 4, 2012 at 4:02 pm #
    • I bow down to you, Ellen. That cake was a HUGE hit. Huge. Rave reviews and many had 2 or 3 helpings each! Kudos to you!!!

50peach November 4, 2012 at 8:42 pm #
  2. Wow. Pumpkin Granola sounds like it should be in my tummy.

I’m tired after reading this. You’re working too hard. I need you to slow down, k. Thanks.

shannon November 4, 2012 at 4:53 pm #
    • My bad, my bad. Let me stop. Tomorrow. :)

50peach November 4, 2012 at 8:39 pm #
  3. Wow. Pumpkin Granola sounds like it should be in my tummy.

shannon November 4, 2012 at 4:53 pm #
    • My bad, my bad. Let me stop. Tomorrow. :)

50peach November 4, 2012 at 8:39 pm #
  4. Hey Peach!
    Stoked to be your Rowmie for NaBloPoMo :) I’m a little behind on commenting, but looking forward to following your blog this month – you are super motivating!!! I can just *feel* my 5km time dropping! Best of luck these next four weeks!
    Also, the pumpkin granola looks incredible…I’m staring at a pumpkin and a sink full of (clean) mason jars as we speak…brilliance!

katiclops November 4, 2012 at 7:32 pm #
    • Hi Katie! Woohoo, if only time decreases happened by osmosis… that would rock! What are you making there with the mason jars/pumpkin?

50peach November 4, 2012 at 8:40 pm #
  5. Ooh, pumpkin granola! Yum. And a great idea for fundraising.

My coworker made me some pumpkin oatmeal the other day and it was so yummy. I adore pumpkin stuff, and love this time of year when it’s so easy to get!

kianwi November 4, 2012 at 9:55 pm #
    • PUMPKIN EVERYTHING. 😀

50peach November 5, 2012 at 9:16 am #
  6. Good luck with your great cause! When I recover from last night’s dinner party I’ll send along a recipe for some very tasty gluten-free pumpkin muffins. And if you haven’t already, go pick up a big bag of Pamela’s Baking Mix. Not for nuthin’ do I call it “the magic dust.”

MizYank November 5, 2012 at 8:49 am #
    • Thanks so much! Can’t wait to see the recipe!

50peach November 5, 2012 at 9:19 am #
  7. Good luck with your great cause! When I recover from last night’s dinner party I’ll send along a recipe for some very tasty gluten-free pumpkin muffins. And if you haven’t already, go pick up a big bag of Pamela’s Baking Mix. Not for nuthin’ do I call it “the magic dust.”

MizYank November 5, 2012 at 8:49 am #
  1. Day 20: Finding your people « Fifty Shades of Peach - November 20, 2012

[…] register. And then to make my Life List. And then to whoa, actually show it to people. And then I threw a party to raise money for charity: water. A few days before I left, I got the courage to finally post my list here.  And then before I had […]

2. Day 20: Finding your people « Fifty Shades of Peach - November 20, 2012

3. Recipe Share: Chocolate Rolo Cookies | 50 Peach - April 2, 2013

[…] for the food, I repeated the menu of my Charity:Water party: My famous chili, Buffalo Chicken Dip, Sausage Balls and guacamole + chips. But instead of […]