What’s new around here? Well, if you haven’t picked up on it from the awesomesauce badges over there on the right, I’m taking part in BlogHer’s 30 day blogfest called #NaBloPoMo for short. If you are interested, go read HERE. You have until 11pm EST tomorrow November 5th to sign up! To make it even cooler, my amazing people from YeahWrite have set up a grid for all of us that participate over there, too. That one is HERE. Strength in numbers, I tell ya!
But the biggest thing on my mind right now? The day has arrived, y’all! My big party is today!!!
As a refresher, I’m attending Camp Mighty in a few short weeks and I’m participating as part of a team to raise $5000.00 prior to the start of camp. The 4 teams together will raise over $20,000 for Charity: Water. How cool is that? I wrote more about it here.
What’s already done? Yesterday I cleaned the “entertaining area”, grocery shopped, prepped a few food things in advance, made FOUR batches of pumpkin granola, packaged them in adorable mason jars, made signage for a Charity: Water display, and then fell into bed last night and slept like the dead. Immediately after posting this, I need to finish cleaning the rest of the house and get cracking on cooking the food! I’m making these yummy things:
- Peach’s infamous chili – If I told you the recipe I’d have to kill you.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip – this yummy goodness took Pinterest by storm a year ago. The recipe I’m using is here.
- Sausage Balls – Um. I live in the South. Everyone makes sausage balls here. *shrug* Recipe courtesy of my sister-in-law.
- Pumpkin Pie Cake – recipe from Sisterhood of the Sensible Moms – Have never made this before and I can’t wait to see how it turns out!
- Homemade Pumpkin Granola is being offered in exchange for voluntary donations. The recipe I based it on can be found at PaleOMG here. It’s entirely gluten-free, dairy-free, peanut-free and Paleo-approved. I do add way more nuts/seeds to the wet mix, because I find that too much “goop” results in mushy granola. I like my granola to be crunch-o-rama. It is So. So. So. GOOD.
Off I go, wish me luck!!!