8 Week Challenge #9: You don’t have to go home, but you can’t stay here.

Yep. It’s last call, folks.  The Pish Posh 8 Week Challenge is coming to an end.  I will end this fun endeavor with my highlight/blooper reel but before I do, I want to thank Pish Posh.  This gal is incredible, not only as a writer and the fearless leader of this challenge, but as a person. She is going through some hard times right now, and I can only hope she knows how much we are all here to support her. Pish, I’m sending you all the good juju I have. You deserve it.

Without further ado, The Good, The Bad and The FUgly about my experience with the Pish Posh 8 Week Challenge:

• Came to terms with my new bootylicious booty body shape/structure, and shopped for clothes that worked with it.

• Had a nasty cold, which meant all I wanted to do was eat to feel better.
  • Broke up with my boyfriend, which meant all I wanted to do was eat to feel better.

totally stole this from Pish Posh.

• Realized that my “cheat foods” on Paleo Faileo plus face-eating of pints of Haagen Dazs were causing stupid weight gain.

• Flipped tires, climbed ropes, jumped over boxes and onto boxes, lifted a ton of weight, ran a race in a tutu, smashed my previous 5K time, and probably confused/bored you all to death with my CrossFit updates. But thanks for putting up with it!!! :)

• Fought with the scale, but have stopped the calorie counting cold-turkey and replaced it with listening more to what my body NEEDS. Not wants. The mental adjustment continues… it is so difficult when you’ve been heavy and are determined to never let yourself get back there. Didn’t know that about me? Yep. Go read here if you want my body journey.
  • Took a break.  Ate my way through Vegas.

• Upon return, I knocked all that cheating/emotional eating shit off and decided to sumo-tackle a Whole30.  Happy to report I’ve been completely, 100%, entirely dairy-free and grain-free, alcohol-free, and legume-free for 15 days now.
  • Jumped on a 4 week plank challenge over here and I better have some damn ab muscles to show for it when it’s over. :)
  • Tried a ton of new recipes and learned the hard way that blenders and wooden spoons don’t play well in the sandbox. Oops.

My goals for the rest of the year are:

• Finish out my Whole30 without cheating.
  • Continue on the path of healthy eating, with kindness and love to myself instead of anger at a number on the scale.
  • Keep CrossFit’n like a badass. I want to be able to do kipping pull-ups by mid-November!!

In closing (snifffffffff waaahhh), I tried, and I bellyflopped a little, but I consider the lessons learned worthwhile.  I certainly know I couldn’t have persevered through the rough weeks or the days I did not want to work out without my challenge buddies cheering me on (or twitter-smacking me upside the head, THANKS GUYS). It helped to see myself through your kind and objective eyes. Eyes that are nowhere near as critical as my own.  It helped me be nicer to myself about what I see in the mirror or on the scale. Because Pish Posh is right, we all need to take better care.

Y’all stay in touch with your progress!

Tags: , , ,

8 Week Challenge #9: You don’t have to go home, but you can’t stay here.

1. You did amazing!!! Congrats on your Whole30! It is tough, but you are almost there, stay strong! And you look AMAZING!!!

My Moms a Whack Job (@mymomsawhackjob) October 31, 2012 at 4:20 pm #
    • Thanks, sweets! I’m sticking to it, out of sheer stubbornness at this point. :)

50peach November 1, 2012 at 11:19 am #
  2. Brava. Can’t believe it’s over. Wish I had done some of what you accomplished.

OneDayIllBeThatGuy October 31, 2012 at 4:39 pm #
    • Please, hon. You did GREAT!!!

50peach November 1, 2012 at 11:19 am #
      • But I want to be able to kill a tractor with a single punch, like you!
        I guess I’ll settle for being able to crack walnuts together in one hand.

… which I’m still working on. Ow.

OneDayI'llBeThatGuy November 1, 2012 at 11:57 pm #
  3. Seems you did ok! Love the “Faileo.” I have Frankenweightgain. I’ve been bad, nutritionally. We are eating a lot (before the food goes bad) and indulging in more than a little wine. Hoping to get back on track but it’s hard!

Stacie @ Snaps and Bits November 1, 2012 at 10:22 am #
    • I loved your Frankenwine and Frankenweightgain hashtags! Ha!!! Listen, if I were in your shoes, weathering (pun intended) what you’ve been through, eating healthy would be the LAST thing on my mind. You’ll get back on track when life lets you! In the meantime, be nice to my friend. I’m kinda fond of her. 😉

50peach November 1, 2012 at 11:28 am #
  4. Wow. You were very busy for this challenge. You have much more discipline when it comes to fitness than I do.

Brett Minor (@brettminor) November 2, 2012 at 3:05 am #
    • nah, just way too much free time. 😀

50peach November 4, 2012 at 8:42 am #
  5. You did so well this challenge and from those pics it looks like you have a rocking body to show for all your hard work. Way to go chicky! I’m so impressed by you and was always constantly inspired. You are one tough willed girl and I think anyone would be lucky to have your staying power resolve.

It was great to read about you these past eight weeks and I hope your next eight week are just as amazing. :)

dalrie November 2, 2012 at 12:17 pm #
    • Feel the same about you! Can’t wait to see some BIG improvements coming your way. You deserve all the best. Until then, keep laughing!

50peach November 4, 2012 at 8:43 am #
  6. Wowsa! You look amazing! Thanks for your honesty, humor, and kick assness! You’ve been a great inspiration to all of us.

Pish Posh November 2, 2012 at 10:51 pm #
  7. Wow! You did so much! So impressed with all that exercise stuff AND you made serious changes in your diet. It’s been good getting to know you. Good luck as you continue with your goals!

pansiesandsunflowers November 3, 2012 at 2:01 pm #
  8. You so kick ass. You kicked ass in the challenge and you are just a kick ass person. You inspire me with your fitness quest and accomplishments!! Seriously, you rock.

Michelle Longo November 3, 2012 at 7:53 pm #
  9. You’ve done so well in this challenge Peach. It’s easy to tell you that you have such a commitment to improving yourself. You’re pretty inspiring. I’m glad we got to know each other through this challenge.

Don’t tell anybody but one of my favorite things is buying new,smaller clothes. 😉

Ken November 3, 2012 at 11:56 pm #
  10. Amazing, strong woman! You’ve accomplished a lot and inspire me to do more. One of my favorite things I’ve ever eaten came from you (the spaghetti squash bake) and I’m eager to try a Cross Fit thing for myself (still researching where I can do this, though).

Good job!

kianwi November 4, 2012 at 12:37 am #
  1. Foodwars | 50 Peach - April 2, 2013

[…] it felt like all of a sudden none of my clothes fit. I had a minor body image meltdown, but eventually came around to accepting that this was the deal – I work out, I get stronger, […]