8 Week Challenge #5:

Good things about this week:

• Worked my butt off in the gym! 😀

Bad things about this week:

• Entirely too much, “F this. Pass the wine/booze.”
  • Entirely too much, “F this. Pass the Haagen Dazs.”
  • Personal shit is to blame for all of the above. But that’s a different post, entirely. If you care to read the wreckage, stop by in a day or two.

Exercise highlights for the week:

I’m trying to by nice to myself about the “F this” moments and focus on how much my CrossFit workouts kicked my ass this week. Here are some highlights.

• Shoulder presses – worked my way up  to 65lbs
  • “Ass and Abs Annie”50, 40, 30, 20, 10 reps of:
    Walking Lunges
    ABMAT Sit-ups
  • “21 minutes”
    7 min per AMRAP (as many reps as possible) on a running clock. As many rounds as possible of:AMRAP#1
    7 Handstand Push-ups
    7 Box Jump (20 in.)s
    AMRAP#2
    7 Thrusters 65 lbs
    7 Box Jump (20 in.)s
    AMRAP#3
    7 Thrusters 65 lbs
    7 Overhead Squats 65 lbs
    Post total rounds.
  • Back Squats – worked my way up to 5 reps of 125lbs
  • 1 mile run after the back squats in 8:50.
  • 100 L Pull-ups – needed the assistance of a huge band, but completed.
  • 100 GHD situps – 100!!! Tthis is the reason I could not laugh, cough, sneeze or breathe for 4 days. Nothing worse than a sneeze that unfolds like this:  You feel the tickle. Big breath in. Prepare yourself for agony. You go, “HAA…OWWWW!”… but the pain trumps the sneeze.  You got a Haaa, but NO Choo!  SO. UNSATISFYING.

• Bench Presses  – did 4 rounds of 15 reps at 65lbs, then 1 round of 12 at 75lbs.

That is all for now, peeps. Have a great rest of the weekend!

8 Week Challenge #5:

1. When I read your exercises, I either don’t know what you’re talking about or I’m in pain thinking about them. Crossfit scares me. Sorry about your personal shit and I hope you’re ok. Sounds like you did an amazing job with your workouts though and that counts for a lot!!

Michelle Longo October 7, 2012 at 11:45 am #
    • Thanks, Michelle! I know, the CF lingo reads like a mathematical equation, sorry! Will try to do better explaining. :)

50peach October 7, 2012 at 9:39 pm #
  2. Awesome. Crossfit scares me too. Maybe you could break them down a bit for us? And I too fell off the wagon a bit from personal stuff. But let’s fix this next week – the stress eating sad drinking is what got us into this mess. Let’s be physically strong so we can be emotionally and mentally strong – also kudos to you for your damn sit ups. Okay doing situps will be part of my goal this week. Thanks!

Pish Posh October 7, 2012 at 8:19 pm #
    • You are 100% correct! Back on track this week, dammit. Sorry you had a crap week too. Hugs.

50peach October 7, 2012 at 9:40 pm #
  3. Is that a picture of you?! You are ripped! Doesn’t seem like you had a ton of emotional eating damage – you look awesome!

Stacie @ Snaps and Bits October 7, 2012 at 9:34 pm #
    • Oh goodgodno. Not even close to being me. Hahaha! But thanks. 😉

50peach October 7, 2012 at 9:37 pm #
  4. I’m in pain just reading this post!

Angela Shelton (@angelashelton) October 8, 2012 at 10:27 am #
  5. Girl, way to BRING IT HARD this week! Even with the personal shit you’re dealing with. Very proud of you and impressed by you. xoxo

Melisa @ just begin from here October 8, 2012 at 2:09 pm #
  6. The f-this moments are not a big deal…you are on the right track overall and that is what is important. Sorry for the personal woes! I hope this week is better. Good job on that fantastic run tonight!

Kianwi October 8, 2012 at 9:01 pm #