Five Foto Friday #11 brings you…. a week in the life of Peach.
1. My good friend Melisa over here asked the question: “What time of day do you prefer to work out?”
I am a 6:00 am’er. For the record, I despise mornings and am oft known to speak only in grunts before I’ve had at least 2 cups of coffee. The very fact that my iPhone has escaped physical harm when its three alarms go off is a damn miracle. After catching Jason’s head cold (way to go me, being the sweet new gf and nursing him back to health…), I took 3 days off from CrossFit this week. And I missed it terribly. Nothing made me happier than snapping this pic yesterday morning after finishing a 4rounder of 10 burpees, 20 kettlebell swings and 30 reverse lunges w/ 2 min rest in between.
2. While I was schnuffling and snorting my way through the week, this made me feel much, much better. Go buy it. For real.
3. My parents celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary this week. I don’t take lightly the fact that I have a set of parents that have been together through it all, weathering ups, downs, curveballs, the stresses of uprooting and moving at the military’s whim, laughing through it, and raising a daughter who never failed to keep things interesting for them. 😉 I told you the story of my plant, Herbie, not too long ago. As I spoke with Mom and Dad on their happy day, I reminded them just how much that one solitary act…. sending a potted plant to their baby girl when she was going through an awful, awful breakup…. still hits me right in the gut. I am grateful, every day, to have he and my mom as my biggest fans. So I snapped this pic of the very card that came with Herbie, and I sent it to my dad. Because this lives on my refrigerator as a daily reminder of how much they love me.
4. MY EYES ARE NOT HAPPY. (yes, shouty caps.) I began having super-dry eyes a few months ago and my doc’s tips about rewetting drops and natural tears, plus switching my brand of contacts have not helped one iota. My eyes are habitually *extremely* bloodshot, with red rings around the green of my eyes. Wearing my contacts is painful and it’s not my best look, to show up to social functions looking like I’ve been crying for 3 hrs. Things are blurry, even with my glasses… as if they don’t want to quite focus right, unless I squint a little. Almost like my prescription suddenly got way worse! Fed up, I saw him again this week and I have “inflamed corneas and dry eyes”. I’m now under strict orders to not wear contacts unless absolutely necessary (workouts) for 10 days. Glasses only, and I have to use an eyedrop called Systane 4x/day. What do I think? I think my eyeballs are pissy about the fact that I spend, no shit, from 7:30am until 5:30pm at my 3-monitor computer setup. When I’m not working, I’m writing/surfing at the same computer, checking my iPhone, on my iPad, watching TV, or looking at some other form of an electronic screen! I need to give them a break from all the damn technology. So I started taking porch breaks to rest them throughout the day. Follow up is next week to check on improvement. Anyone else been through this? Advice?
5. Jason bought me flowers. For no reason. Can I get an “awwwww”?
Have a great weekend, everyone. GO DAWGS!