Five Foto Friday #3

Happy, happy Friday!

My day is already WELL underway, after dragging my sleepy ass to the gym at 6am.  As in, roll out of bed cursing at 5:40am, throw on just enough clothing to be decent, grab a hair tie and bottle of water and GO. Aside from being a decaffeinated crabby bitch at first, it was awesome. Check it out.

Warmup: run 400m.  [10 pushups, 10 V-ups, 10 hip extensions, run 100m] + repeat 1x.

Workout: 30 each –> Deadlifts (105lbs), pull-ups, overhead squats (20lbs), situps and tuck-jumps. And that, folks? Is the scaled-down version of what you’re supposed to do! (also known as Rx.)  I’m still a rookie, just over a month into CrossFit.  My strength is not up for doing Rx yet. But I did what I could, and  I am flying on endorphins right now!!! But come 3pm, I may be a zombie. We’ll see.

On to the good stuff – Five Foto Friday!

Monday morning, 8am, butt-in-dentist-chair, sticking needles in my gums, AND I have to watch the Bachelorette recap on GMA? Perfect. But the week could only get better after those shenanigans. :/

Almond Butter is a staple in my house due to CrossFit and following the Paleo diet.  This bad boy is 26 whopping ounces (thank you, Costco) and yes, it is EMPTY. I cannot believe I haven’t gained 30 lbs in the month it took me to go through that…

Especially served over my new favorite recipe: Cinnamon Sweet Potato Waffles from Lauren @ Whole Wheat or Bust.  (She rocks, go check her out!)  The waffles are grain-free, dairy-free, sugar-free and Paleo-approved.  And now, Peach-approved too!  They are SO GOOD. I topped mine with almond butter and strawberries, and that there behind it is coconut milk. Yum.

Meet Sophia. Yes, I name my purses. And other things. Like the one houseplant I’ve managed to NOT KILL for 2.5 years no – his name is Herbie.  Sophia and I had a date on Wednesday with a nice fella.  Not sure that it’ll progress any farther than friendship, but it was nice to look and feel semi-sexy.  It’s been awhile since I have.

Say hello to my badass sweats that rock my loyalty loud and proud. If you haven’t figured it out yet, I’m a UGA alum and proud Dawg fan. I am getting so pumped for football season to start!!! Go Dawgs.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Five Foto Friday #3

1. 1. Nice wod!! that sounds fun!! 2. that is not a lot of almond butter to eat over an entire month so quit your worryin! 3. YOU ARE SO SWEET – thank you for the shout out! made my day. Im gonna show my guy what you said :) 4. I love that you named your plant Herbie. I hope Herbie lives a long and aromatic life. 5. Glad you felt sexy on yer date. I havent dressed sexy in weeks because of my damn boot. I at first wrote ‘felt sexy’ but I realized that wasnt true! 😉

Lauren @ WWoB July 27, 2012 at 1:31 pm #
    • 1. WOD was fun! I know scaled with good form is better than doing too much weight without the right form. I’m just so damn competitive. :) 2. okayyyy, shutting up. haha 3. Yay!!! they seriously did turn out fabulously. Love em. 4. Me too… I’m very sentimental about my Herbie. 5. Awesome!!! You’ll be back in your sexy shoes sooner than you think. Keep kicking ass.

50peach July 27, 2012 at 2:29 pm #
  2. I’ve wondered about the paleo diet…have you been doing it long?
    Also, what do you do with the almond butter, if you aren’t putting it on bread?
    See, my knowledge is very limited :)

kianwi July 27, 2012 at 3:36 pm #
    • Oh my… What plays well with almond butter? Apple slices or banana + AB is my go-to per-workout snack. It’s heavenly on the waffles mentioned, or on any waffle or pancake if your diet includes carbs. Don’t be grossed out, but it’s actually good in cottage cheese or Greek yogurt. :)

I have been following Paleo since June and it’s been eye-opening. I feel amazing! Ask away if you have questions… Or I can point you to some good and non-scary resources. I’m certainly no expert.

50peach July 28, 2012 at 12:14 am #
  3. I tweeted you too but when I read Melisa’s post about Foto Friday my first reaction was “Crap!” Because I really thought I was only going to do one “theme” day per week and I already have Monday Listicles but this one is sooo good. I’ll have to go ponder it over a(nother) glass of wine.

BTW, I don’t want to make you sad. This is just information. But when I added you to my reader, 50 Shades of Grey had WAY more subscribers. I’m sorry. But if it’s any consolation, peach is a better color, and I’m a really good subscriber!

Stacie @ Snaps and Bits July 27, 2012 at 8:22 pm #
    • Awwww, shucks. At least I don’t do this for hit counts or number of subscribers. :)

So glad you stopped by, left me some love, and made me laugh. And you like wine… We will get along just fine!

50peach July 27, 2012 at 11:55 pm #
      • I am so happy to find more bloggers who don’t care about the numbers! I have enough to have fun and that’s all I need. Don’t tell but I have dropped most of the bloggers that obviously care about that from my reader. They will be pissed if they find out they lost such an awesome subscriber, shhhh.

Stacie @ Snaps and Bits July 28, 2012 at 10:07 am #
  4. HOLY CRAP YOU DO CROSSFIT?!?! And you haven’t posted a picture of your kick-ass body that I know you have because you have to be awesome BEFORE you can join. I want to be you when I grow up (except I’m probably already older than you so…).

Kimberly Pugliano (@GisSilent) July 28, 2012 at 8:22 pm #
    • Way to make my day! You are way too sweet, girl!! And I betcha you’re not older…or not by much. 😉

50peach July 29, 2012 at 2:04 pm #
  1. five foto friday! take one. | just begin from here - July 27, 2012

[…] found this fun idea over at this great blog and thought, what the heck? Friday’s as good a day as any to give you all a break from my […]

2. five foto friday! take two. | just begin from here - September 1, 2012

[…] found this fun idea over at this great blog. If you want to get caught up and read about my first go at this, you can do that […]