I can’t believe I’m doing this.

Written in the style of one of my favorite new sites, #wheninatl
I’ve been set up on a blind date.
Stilt’s attitude towards blind dating:
freaking out gif Pictures, Images and Photos
Friend tells me via email that she met someone that who is interested in meeting me for drinks. She gave me his full name and says he’s a professor. I google him. He is not a troll.  But I do not respond to her.  For TWO HOURS.
She replies to me, saying “I sense you are thinking about this.  I am giving him your contact info. You can yell at me later.” My reaction:
Then I reply immediately,
mad? Pictures, Images and Photos
“EMAIL ONLY!!! I AM SO YELLING AT YOU!”

After a week, the Prof contacted me.  In a polite and succinct email, he recapped meeting my friend and suggested we have drinks this weekend.  After a few hours, I replied that I was visiting family out of town all weekend for Mother’s Day.  I suggested next week/weekend.

He confirmed. Thursday. Drinks.

Tags: , , ,

I can’t believe I’m doing this.

1. He's not a troll?! Hardly a ringing endorsement. Maybe he'll have an incredible personality…or be hung like a horse. And at least it's drinks. Alcohol helps.

Kenja May 14, 2012 at 10:46 am #
  2. He's not a troll?! Hardly a ringing endorsement. Maybe he'll have an incredible personality…or be hung like a horse. And at least it's drinks. Alcohol helps.

Kenja May 14, 2012 at 10:46 am #
  3. I do not trust an educational institution's picture of him, nor the friend's statement that "he's cuter in person". Call me skeptical. So, he's deemed Not a Troll. Although, Hung Like a Horse would be an acceptable replacement name.

50peach May 14, 2012 at 10:11 pm #
  4. I do not trust an educational institution's picture of him, nor the friend's statement that "he's cuter in person". Call me skeptical. So, he's deemed Not a Troll. Although, Hung Like a Horse would be an acceptable replacement name.

50peach May 14, 2012 at 10:11 pm #
  5. Hung Like a Horse…perhaps he's Native American. Your first born could be Hung Like a Colt.

Kenja May 15, 2012 at 4:40 pm #
  6. Hung Like a Horse…perhaps he's Native American. Your first born could be Hung Like a Colt.

Kenja May 15, 2012 at 4:40 pm #
  1. Why yes, in fact, I did Facebook stalk you. « Fifty Shades of Peach - May 22, 2012

[…] The back story of the deviously-arranged-by-my-friend blind date can be found here. […]

2. Why yes, in fact, I did Facebook stalk you. | 50 Peach - April 2, 2013