To provide closure on He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named, as stated to a friend, “Hell no, I didn’t write him back. He made me stew for 9 days. He does not deserve instant absolution from his assholiness. Fuck him.”. And that is that.
Okay, people. After a spectacularly gory beginning to my dating life in Atlanta, Peach needs to take a breather and focus on herself for a little while. It’s hard to dance with the devil on your back. So with credit to my #1 fan for the mission title, I give you my plan:
PROJECT PEACH CADET
2. Join a gym
3. Hire a personal trainer
4. Eat better
6. Focus on investing in me, physically and mentally
- Numbers 2 and 3 – Done and done on my lunch hour today!!! I want to put some muscle on these scrawny limbs, but I have not a clue where to start on my own. So I hired help. I got a 12 session package, 1 hr each, and he threw in 3 extra for me. My first training session is tomorrow. Pray for me that I don’t die.
- Number 4 – I have been going way overboard on the southern-fried goodness with all this male drama. My wobbly bits, as Bridget Jones says, are quite wobbly. At this rate, I won’t be wearing a bikini, I’ll be wearing a burkha. 135 bucks later, and my fridge is packed with healthy, fresh ingredients to start my journey off right.
- Number 5 – Quitting drinking in the summer? NOT easy. That said, I know the effects alcohol can have on tough workouts… not pleasant. Must cut back. I can do that.
Aside: Remind me to tell you about the time I was so upset about HWSNBN that I invented a fan-fucking-tastic summer cocktail.
Okay, okay, quit your bitching…I didn’t forget Number 1, I was just stalling.
- Just…FAKK. Number 1 – I suspect that after my session tomorrow I won’t want to look at cigs ever again. That’s my M.O. – the last time I quit for 3 yrs was when I started doing Bikram yoga and revamped my diet. It’s much easier to quit when I’m doing so much GOOD for my body. It all ties in together. I hope it does so again this time.
- Number 6 – I need a break from dating, let’s just be honest. At this moment, I’d rather pour all my mental and physical energy into something I’ve always wanted – a rockin’, strong, fit body. So here I go.
- Number 7 – Time to do things that make me happy. Ex.1: the set of super-high thread count sheets I bought that are fluffing in the dryer right now. Ex.2: I’m pulling the trigger on buying something I’ve talked myself out of for over nine months now. Do I need it? No. But it will bring me joy.